Category Archives: Social Security and SSDI

In-Home Care

Today TaxMama hears from Fran in Maryland with this concern. “I have a disabled sister. She is not my dependent and does not live with me. Some of my siblings and I would like to pool our money to pay for her in-home health augmentin online no prescription Is there a way to […]

Repaying Social Security

Today TaxMama hears from Barb in San Diego who asks. “If I return my Social Security payments that I have previously paid income tax on, can I get a refund of those taxes on returns filed more than 3 years ago amoxicillin generic no prescription e. prior to 2005 tax year?”

Expensive Part B

Today TaxMama hears from Judy in Iowa who is perplexed, “I recently retired and have Medicare part B. I am being charged the high premium for part B because of my husband’s earnings, which are several times over what my earnings are. I signed a prenuptial 26 years ago and support myself and am now […]

I Want to do it Myself

Today TaxMama hears Lana in Illinois who says . “I started a new S corporation last year, but let the paperwork get behind. I read your book and I would like to take care of my taxes on my own to save money and not involve a pro. My earnings need to be limited because […]

Teen Withholding

Today TaxMama hears from Tia in Michigan who tells us. “I’m 17 years old with a job at Burger King. How much money is taken out of my check due to taxes?”

Issuing Corrected W-2s

Today TaxMama hears from Yvonne in Utah, with this furosemide online no prescription “I work in the mortgage industry. Recently, I was provided a W2 from a customer that had the Medicare and Social Security withholdings crossed out, with the corrected amounts typed in. The business that issued the W2’s is small, […]

Ex-Husband Social Security

Today TaxMama hears from Ann in Texas who wants to know, “I have heard that I can receive my ex-husband’s Social Security when I reach retirement age. Is this so? What are the requirements for doing so?”

New Form for Employees Misclassified as Independent Contractors

Your 1099 Should Have Been a W-2 Due to the widespread problem of employees getting 1099-MISCs from their employers instead of W-2s, the IRS created a new form in 2007 – the Form 8919. Using this form has saved employees thousands of dollars, while protecting their Social Security records and their tax status. Though it […]

Stimulus Rebate and Dependents

Today TaxMama hears from Trudy in New Jersey who wants to know, “In regards to the tax rebate. If you claim your parent as a dependent do you get a credit for them?buy furosemide online no prescription My husband and I have 3 children and also claim my mother on our taxes as a […]

Misclassified Workers to File New Social Security Tax Form

Employees who were misclassified by their employers as independent contractors should use new Form 8919, Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on Wages, to figure and report their share of uncollected social security and Medicare taxes. Find out more in news release IR-2007-203. —- TaxMama Note: “Misclassified” in this case, means – workers that were […]

Certain Payments to Disabled Veterans Ruled Tax-Free

Some May Be Due Refunds IR-2007-198 Courtesy of the Internal Revenue Service WASHINGTON — Payments under the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program are no longer taxable and disabled veterans who paid tax on these benefits in the past three years can now claim refunds, the Internal Revenue Service said today. […]

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

Today we hear from Jan in San Diego, CA who’s trying to help her clients. “We are trying to help clients and friends from this office. Do you know how to file a DUA (Disaster Unemployment Assistance Claim)? The number at EDD is so busy they hang up on you and you cannot file a […]