Tag Archives: Tax forms in the United States

Part-Time or Seasonal Workers

Courtesy of the Internal Revenue Service June 04, 2009 For many businesses, summer traditionally brings an influx of part time or seasonal workers into the work force. Employers must ensure they are treating these workers properly for employment tax purposes. Generally, workers are either employees or independent contractors, based upon the facts and circumstances of […]

Complete List of Deductions

Today TaxMama hears from William in Florida with this request.buy priligy uk https://blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/uk/priligy.html no prescription “My wife is in school and doing her practicum in psychology. She is working for a nonprofit and considered a independent contractor.buy neurontin uk https://blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/uk/neurontin.html no prescription She was told she could take certain tax deductions such as mileage, cell […]

Who Gets 1099s

Today TaxMama hears from Linda in Pennsylvania, who tells us “I’m in charge of the mailing of 1099 MISCs for 2009. Who gets a 1099? Who doesn’t get one? Are there corporations that get 1099s? I think attorneys and accountants receive them.”

Owes IRS

Today TaxMama hears from Dunn in Ohio, with this concern. “I owe federal taxes from when I was working for my employer.https://www.grapplearts.com/wp-content/languages/new/homework-help-math.html I have just started my own business (LLC). Will the IRS take the money I earn from my LLC to pay the personal taxes I owe?”

Happy Mothers Day Weekend

Dear Family, Early this morning, while working on today’s issue, I was sitting here, exchanging notes with my EA Exam instructor in Portugal, Roger B. Adams, while we finish updating the new site and the 2009 course schedule. Yes, you’re bored, we’ve been working on this for weeks. Everytime we think we’re nearly done, we […]

IRS Reminds Small Tax-Exempt Organizations to File e-Postcards

IR-2009-49, May 6, 2009 WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded many small tax-exempt organizations to file their annual electronic informational return with the IRS by the May 15 deadline. This is the second year of the new requirement for tax-exempt organizations whose gross annual receipts are normally ,000 or less to file Form […]

What Happens After I File?

Courtesy of IRS – IRS Tax Tip 2009-73 Most taxpayers have already filed their federal tax returns but may still have questions. Here’s what you need to know about refund status, recordkeeping, mistakes and what to do if you move. Refund Information You can go online to check the status of your 2008 refund 72 […]

Amending Returns

Today TaxMama hears from Mike in Pennsylvania who wants to know.buy amoxicillin online www.calmandgentledentalcare.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/uk/amoxicillin.html no prescription “How far back can I submit an amended return?”

Taxable Social Security Income

Today TaxMama hears from Petey in Texas who is concerned. “I had to withdraw about $10,000 for air conditioner replacement and other household maintenance from my annuities. Because of these withdrawals, my taxable Social Security income has gone from $4,800 last year to $13,000. this year. Does this sound right to you? Could I be […]

Special Tax Break Available for New Car Purchases This Year

IR-2009-30, March 30, 2009 WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service announced today that taxpayers who buy a new passenger vehicle this year may be entitled to deduct state and local sales and excise taxes paid on the purchase on their 2009 tax returns next year. “For those thinking about buying a new car this year, […]

First $2,400 of Unemployment Benefits Tax Free for 2009

IR-2009-29, March 26, 2009 WASHINGTON — All or part of unemployment benefits received in 2009 will be tax free for many unemployed workers, according to the Internal Revenue Service. “This morning we learned that a record 5.6 million people were receiving unemployment benefits in the middle of March. This underscores the need for the relief […]