Ex-Husband Social Security

Today TaxMama hears from Ann in Texas who wants to know, “I have heard that I can receive my ex-husband’s Social Security when I reach retirement age.

Is this so? What are the requirements for doing so?”

Dear Ann,

I don’t really know the details.

But it seems that if you were married for 10 years or more, you should be able request that your benefits be based on his income.
buy canadian cytotec online https://mabvi.org/wp-content/languages/new/canadian/cytotec.html no prescription


What do you need? I suspect that you will need his Social Security Number and proof of your marriage and divorce.
buy canadian nolvadex online https://mabvi.org/wp-content/languages/new/canadian/nolvadex.html no prescription

And it would be wise to file your application before his current wife retires and lays claim to it.
Only one wife will qualify.

Visit www.ssa.gov and explore their FAQs. Or give them a call and ask them.

They will answer you.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about retirement and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At TaxMama.com

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)