Expensive Part B

Today TaxMama hears from Judy in Iowa who is perplexed, “I recently retired and have Medicare part B.

I am being charged the high premium for part B because of my husband’s earnings, which are several times over what my earnings are.

I signed a prenuptial 26 years ago and support myself and am now filing taxes on my own. Is there any way I can get the premium charge lowered to the normal amount or am I going to continue to be penalized because of my husband’s high income?”

Dear Judy,

Hmmm, I am definitely not a Social Security expert. That topic is still shrouded in mystery for me.

However, the only reason I could ever think that the SSA (Social Security Admin) would be referencing your husband’s income at all?

That’s because you’re receiving SS benefits based on his earnings, rather than yours. (Having a prenup does not prevent you from getting SS benefits based on his income.)

If that’s not the case, then demand they pay you based on his benefits, if they’re going to charge you the higher Part B rates.

If they don’t give you his benefits, ask them to review your case.
buy cialis online https://healingtohappy.com/wp-content/languages/new/cialis.html no prescription

At the very least, go to the SSA office and sit down with someone, face-to-face to discuss your issues. They may be able to help you.

And perhaps one of our readers will have better advice.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about tax issues, free.
buy singulair online https://healingtohappy.com/wp-content/languages/new/singulair.html no prescription

Where? Where else? At TaxMama.com

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)