Tag Archives: Tax levies

Moving – or Moved? Let The IRS Know

Courtesy of the Internal Revenue Service TT-2008-16 If you changed your home or business address, notify the IRS to ensure that you receive any refunds or correspondence. While the IRS uses the Postal Service’s change of address files to update taxpayer addresses, notifying the IRS directly is still a good idea. There are several ways […]

California Liening

Today we hear from Raj in San Jose, CA who’s got this question “The FTB assessed taxes in 2002 because of stocks I sold.https://alvitacare.com/wp-content/languages/new/synthroid.html I didn’t make money on those stock transactions, so I didn’t bother to file. FTB attached the proceeds from the sale of my home in 2005.buy flagyl online redemperorcbd.com/wp-content/languages/new/prescription/flagyl.html no prescription […]

Revised Innocent Spouse Form Now Available from IRS

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today announced a redesigned Form 8857, Request for Innocent Spouse Relief, that will help reduce follow up questions and reduce the burden on taxpayers. The form will ask more questions initially, but collecting critical information early in the process will mean faster processing of the request. The new design […]

IRS Levy

Today TaxMama hears from Mike in Arizona who has this problem.buy premarin online nouvita.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/uk/premarin.html no prescription https://www.richereducation.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/copy-editing-service.html “I have a notice of levy for three years of back taxes. I can’t afford full payment but can send about $300 per month to keep them satisfied. “

Notary and Acceptance

Today TaxMama hears from Mack in the Tax Parlor, who wants to know. “Give me your spill on making money from home as a notary public? I’ve been a notary for over a year now, but haven’t really done anything with it. Could you give me some pointers?” Hi Mack, I don’t know where you […]

Ex-Sisterly Love

Today TaxMama hears from Maria from NJ, who says, “I have been out of the country for nine years and a stay at home mom. I recently had my bank accounts levied, where the only money deposited is child support directly from the New Jersey Child Support Offices. My account was levied because apparently my […]

Changing IRS Collection Policy

Today TaxMama wants to talk about a disturbing IRS policy. It’s based on this question from a reader – “The IRS is wanting to garnish my wages for back taxes from 1998. My ex and I are both responsible, but he is claiming self employment, living with a very wealthy girlfriend. So IRS is coming […]

Copy of Ex’s Return

Today TaxMama hears from Mary in Indiana who has these concerns. “I am going through a divorce.https://www.cinewebradio.com/wp-content/languages/new/how-to-write-phd.html How can I get a copy of my husband’s tax return?buy lexapro online blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/mg/lexapro.html no prescription Also he has not filed since 1989, how far can the IRS go back?”

Tax Truth

Today TaxMama hears from Kay in Pensacola, Fl who wants to know two things, “1) Who has the ability, besides the IRS, to verify tax records with the IRS? 2) How would this be done? If I wanted to verify a person’s income, is there a way to check if the 1040 information they gave […]

Payroll Withholding

Today Sarah in Oregon is upset with her husband’s employer. “My husband’s work won’t change his payroll withholding to the amounts on his new W-4 until they hear from their attorney. So we are ending up with thousands of dollars taken out and sent in to the IRS and ODR that we need now. ”