Paying Corp Taxes

Today TaxMama hears from Alison in Los Angeles, who says “I have to send a payment with my corporate extension (Form 7004). How do I get the payment voucher? The instructions say I can’t send a check.”

Dear Alison,

The Form 8109-B not an easy form to get at the last minute.

You can try to go to your nearest IRS office and see if they can give you one. Their policy was to imprint a set for you when you came in. But I heard they don’t do that any more. For some reason, they rarely agree to give out blanks. So, to us tax pros, they’re like gold. I used to hoard them. But we don’t have them anymore.

IRS prints them out custom for each corporation when you set up your taxpayer identification number. When you incorporated, they sent you a pad of forms. You probably still have it. It’s a narrow, pad with a yellow cover. Did you put it into your corporate minute binder? Or did you keep the original IRS mail? It will be in there.

The only other way to do make a payment without the Form 8109-B is online at . But you need a few days to set that up.

Of course, you can always just mail them a check with the extension. Perhaps they’ll accept it?

In the meantime, order new forms at 800-Tax Form and consider setting up the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) account online.

[Note: IRS lists some online credit card payment providers at,,id=101316,00.html

I checked them all – they accept payroll payments, but not corporate taxes. Charge is 2.49% of payment.]

And remember, you’ll find answers to lots of questions about paying corporate taxes and other tax information, free. Where? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

To make your comments, please visit TaxMama’s Parlor at