Mortgage Backed Securities are like boxes of chocolates. Criminals on Wall Street stole a few chocolates from the boxes and replaced them with turds. Their criminal buddies at Standard & Poor rated these boxes AAA Investment Grade chocolates. These boxes were then sold all over the world to investors. Eventually somebody bites into a turd and discovers the crime. Suddenly nobody trusts American chocolates anymore worldwide.
Hank Paulson now wants the American taxpayers to buy up and hold all these boxes of turd-infested chocolates for $700 billion dollars until the market for turds returns to normal. Meanwhile, Hank’s buddies, the Wall Street criminals who stole all the good chocolates are not being investigated, arrested, or indicted.
Mama always said: ‘Sniff the chocolates first, Forrest’.
Courtesy of Tom Buck, CPA www.buckcpa.com
Please remember to send us your humor. Clean jokes preferred. And if you want more male-oriented jokes – SEND THEM TO ME!
- Ask TaxMama :: Where taxes are fun and answers are free
- www.TaxQuips.com :: The number ONE free tax podcast online
- Money Funnies :: Tax and Lawyer Humor and Quotes and other fun stuff
- Money Funnies at TaxMama.com :: More Tax and Lawyer Humor and Quotes and other fun stuff
- Forrest Gump :: Two-Disc Special Collector’s Edition