– I am sure I could understand income taxes if I put my mind to them. But if I took the time to do that, the world would be deprived of many of my books. Isaac Asimov (wrote over 500 books)
– If the rich could hire other people to die for them, the poor could make a wonderful living.
– The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks.
– A hero is someone who can keep his mouth shut when he is right.
– One old friend is better than two new ones.
– One of life’s greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn’t good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.
– Old friends, like old wines, don’t lose their flavor.
– A wise man hears one word and understands two.
– “Don’t be so humble – you are not that great.” Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat
– Pessimism is a luxury that a Jew can never allow himself. Golda Meir
– Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. Albert Einstein
– Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
– When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German Ambassador, he said, “If they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits.” Albert Einstein
– Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them. Albert Einstein
– You can’t control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
– I don’t want to become immortal through my work. I want to become immortal through not dying. Woody Allen
– I’m not afraid of dying – I just don’t want to be there when it happens! Woody Allen
– Imagination is more important than knowledge. Sign hanging in Einstein’s office at Princeton.
– Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. Albert Einstein
– We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
– Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. Albert Einstein
– Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
Courtesy of Roberta Livingston in Virginia
Please remember to send us your humor and your inspiration.
Clean jokes preferred.
Read more Money Funnies and Inspiration here: