Worked Six Days

Today TaxMama hears from Melanie in Minnesota, who’s upset. “I worked for this employer for 6 days. He did not take taxes from my check. I did sign a W-2 form to authorize it.
buy sertraline generic over the counter

What can I do?”

Dear Melanie,

Hmmm…. OK, here are some choices for you:

1) Do the mature thing and ask him if this was a mistake, or is he going to rectify it on your next paycheck when his bookkeeper returns from the holidays.

2) If you learn that he does not intend to ever take proper withholding and file payroll tax returns – renegotiate your compensation.
buy synthroid online no prescription

This will cost you about 10% extra. Also find out if there’s any way for a sel-employed person to get state disability – and the cost. (You forfeit your right to unemployment benefits.) Incidentally, I’d ask him why he had you fill out a W-4 if he wasn’t going to put you on payroll?
buy Pepcid generic over the counter

Or are you sure it wasn’t a W-9 form?

3) Quit. If it’s easy to get another job, leave now. Better at the beginning of this adventure, than later.

4) Stay with him until the end of the year, then get another job.
buy furosemide online no prescription

When you file your 2007 tax returns, follo the instructions here – https://www.
buy lasix online no prescription

That will turn him in to IRS and you don’t want to be working there when that happens. And you won’t have to pay his share of your payroll taxes.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about odd jobs, and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)