Today TaxMama® will be speaking with Bob McCormick on KFWB’s Money 101 program at 9:00 am Pacific time. Bob’s theme this week is “Fight for your right to money.” You can listen live in Southern California at 980-AM or via the Internet if you visit the CBS radio website. Your questions are welcome – just call us at (888) 539-2980 [888-KFWB 980] after the first 10 minutes of introductory material.
Bob has long been a champion for our rights. He’s been helping listeners find ways to keep their homes, save money on gas, warn seniors against financial scams and help you recoup your money from unscrupulous collection agencies – and more – and that’s just this month!
Today’s theme is all about avoiding tax rip-offs. We’ll be talking about:
- Identifying and avoiding disreputable tax professionals (the few that plague the industry)
- If your tax pro makes a big mistake, who’s responsible?
- What to do if you get an audit notice?
- The tax consequences of loan modifications
- If you’ve been missing mortgage payments, is there a tax consequence?
- When do tax problems really get serious?
- What’s if you simply can’t afford to pay your taxes
- If a relative dies owing taxes, are the heirs responsible?
- What’s if someone else is using your Social Security number to work?
And anything else you call in and ask about.
So please, DO call Bob McCormick and TaxMama® between 9 and 10 am PACIFIC at (888) 539-2980 [888-KFWB 980] on Thursday, August 23, 2012.
And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about all kinds of tax issues and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At www.TaxMama.com.[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed version of TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join TaxMama.com link – it’s free!]
Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum .