Energy Star Credits

Today TaxMama hears from Wilson in the TaxQuips Forum, who wants to know. “On Form 1040A, where should I claim my Energy Star appliances, that I purchased in 2010?”

Hi Wilson,

If you can find a place on Schedule A, go for it.  But no, honey, the 1040A is the SHORT form. It only contains the most common forms of income and the most common adjustments and credits.  Energy credits are not found on a high percentage of tax returns.


 But when it comes to energy star appliances, there is no tax credit on your federal tax return at all. You might get some rebates from your city or state – but not the federal government.

The only federal home-related energy credits left for equipment relate to alternative energy equipment. Those are pretty high ticket items. Not in the same league as a dishwasher or microwave oven.

 There are credits for alternate fuel vehicles – and for the home, credits for insulation and double-paned windows and that sort of thing.
buy xenical online no prescription

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about tax credits and other tax issues, free.
buy ivermectin online no prescription

Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join TaxMama.

com link – it’s free!]

Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum .

Comments are closed.