We all know the importance of keeping current on trends in our own industry. But the well-rounded individual – someone who has the confidence to speak about subjects outside of their comfort zone – is the one who stands out in an interview.
What arena do I recommend job seekers devote themselves? Technology. It’s the easiest way to keep abreast of what’s happening as it relates to your industry and to the world at large. Change your homepage. KurzweilAI.net offers current events and breaking news in the technology arena, while ARS Technica puts cutting edge information on technological trends and capabilities in front of you daily. Taking 20–30 minutes to read one or two articles from either site is all that’s needed to begin to give you facility with the subject matter.
Frances C. Jones
Cole Media Management
You’ll find Frances C. Jones at TheLadders –
where you can Search 687 new $100k+ Jobs This Week!
- Ask TaxMama :: Where taxes are fun and answers are free
- www.TaxQuips.com :: The number ONE free tax podcast online
Job Advice of the Week :: Courtesy of TheLadders.com
- TaxMama's Career Bank :: Find the best employees in the financial industries – tax, accounting, insurance…
- TheLadders.com :: Jobs paying $100,000 and up – Are YOU earning over $100K? WHY NOT?
- TaxMama's EA Exam Review Course :: A recession-proof career. And no degree required
http://www.kurzweilai.net :: offers current events and breaking news in the technology arena
- http://arstechnica.com/ :: puts cutting edge information on technological trends and capabilities in front of you daily.