What to Expect from IRS Help in 2014

Today TaxMama® hears from KDevo  in the TaxQuips Forum, with this complaint. “I recently called the IRS to get clarification on filing a 2012 1040-X (amended return), with a balance due. TurboTax® did not generate a voucher and I couldn’t find a 2012 voucher on the IRS website.
buy finasteride online https://tjurhat.com/evemedica/wp-content/languages/new/finasteride.html no prescription

The IRS recording (800-829-1040) stated they would no longer give phone advice and that I may want to search hundreds of pages of computer generated answers to questions.
buy cipro online https://tjurhat.com/evemedica/wp-content/languages/new/cipro.html no prescription

Where do I go for help when I need it? And DO I need a 2012 1040-V?”


Hi KDevo,

Gee, that’s an easy one.

You’ve come to the right place!
buy ventolin online https://tjurhat.com/evemedica/wp-content/languages/new/ventolin.html no prescription

The IRS has a prior year forms database. When you know what you’re looking for, the form is easy to find.

Ta Daaa! 2012 – 1040-V

On the memo line of your check, make sure you write the following:

  • 2012
  • 1040X
  • [your social security number AND, if married, your spouse’s SSN, too].  

If you don’t do all that, when the check gets separated from the 1040-V (and it will),  they’ll apply it to 2013 or 2014 – or wherever they like.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about obscure forms and other tax and business issues, free. Where? Where else? At www.TaxMama.com.

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed version of TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join TaxMama.
buy flagyl canada http://healthinschools.org/wp-content/languages/new/canada/flagyl.html no prescription

com link – it’s free!]

Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum .

Comments are closed.