Using Attachments

Today TaxMama® hears from Mahakavi in the TaxQuips Forum with a couple of questions – but we’ll only answer one of them here today. “TaxMama® keeps telling us to attach a statement to the tax return.

How do you attach statements when you’re using commercial software?”

Dear Mahakavi,

1) You can print out the return and file on paper, mailing the paper tax return to the IRS and state. Remember how we used to do it before working with the ‘cloud’?

2) Let your software provider know you want to use a Form 8453 to attach the details of your stock transactions.
buy remdesivir online no prescription

That allows you to efile the return.

But you must send in your attachments within three days after your efile has been accepted.

That means, you can attach your worksheets for Schedule D (or Form 8949) to explain how you arrived at your profits and losses.

You can actually use Form 8453 to send attachments and explanations for a variety of specific forms. Unfortunately, there is no “other” option. So if the form is not listed, you must file on paper when you need to send in attachments.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about clarifying your tax positions and other tax and business issues, free. Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed version of TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join link – it’s free!]

Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum .

Comments are closed.