Receiving Foreign Gifts

Today TaxMama hears from Barbara in Oregon who has a question.
purchase amoxil online no prescription

“My parents (non US citizens) have sold their property in Argentina to an American. They asked him to transfer the ,000 payment directly to me as a gift.

Do I need to report this to the IRS?

Will I be taxed on it? I couldn’t find anything on your website regarding receiving gifts.”

Dear Barbara,

Great news. You don’t have any tax consequences. I’d just make sure to get some paperwork from your parents – in English, that proves this is a gift. That’s just in case you’re ever audited and want to be able to prove that the money isn’t

unreported income.

If the gift were larger, say $100,000 or more, you’d need to file a report with IRS on Form 3520, giving them all the particulars.

For $32,000, you don’t need to do a thing. Enjoy the gift!

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about receiving gifts and other tax issues, free.
purchase albuterol online no prescription

Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)