Rebate Quandry

Today TaxMama hears from Sharon in Indiana who is perplexed.
buy levaquin online no prescription

“A friend and his girlfriend have been living together since 2005. In 2006, they had a child. The mother claimed the child on her 2007 return and received a stimulus payment for $600. He filed as single and received a 0 stimulus payment.
buy vibramycin online no prescription

The mother did not work in 2008, so my friend will claim both her and his child on his return.
buy stromectol online no prescription

His recovery rebate credit totals $600. Is he eligible for the 0 difference?
buy feldene online no prescription

Dear Sharon,

Aaaah, that’s an interesting dilemma.

Technically, it’s clear that for 2008, he is entitled to the extra 0.
buy fildena online no prescription

After all, this is his child. And he did support his child, who lived with him.

The fact that mom got an extra $300 last year for the same child? Well, IRS has already declared that if you got too much rebate money in 2008, you don’t have to pay it back.

I think he’s legally entitled to the $300 this year. If IRS disagrees, he’ll get a letter.

Let’s see what the tax pros say in response to today’s newsletter, shall we? Watch for comments.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about recovery rebates and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)