Emancipated Child

Today TaxMama® hears from Morri in the TaxQuips Forum with a rare question. “My son became emancipated in September. He has had his full time job since he graduated in June. He still lives with his mother and I paid my support until he became emancipated.
buy prednisone online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/prednisone.html no prescription

Since I paid my support until this time and it is my year to claim him on taxes, do I get to claim him or is he on his own now?”

Dear Morri,

Your son will be filing his own tax return, claiming his own exemption.

As a result, you will not be able to claim him as your dependent. Since he is old enough to be emancipated, I doubt that he is young enough to qualify for any child-related credits.
buy generic levitra online blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/buygeneric/levitra.html no prescription

Except perhaps education credits.

If you paid his medical expenses, you may probably claim those. Though now that the exclusion is so much higher, I doubt you’ll get any benefit.

Sorry, I know this is not the answer you wanted.
buy citalopram online https://rxbuywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/citalopram.html no prescription

But, at least you’re off the hook for child support!

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about dependents and other tax and business issues, free. Where? Where else? At www.TaxMama.com.

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed version of TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join TaxMama.
buy generic clomiphene online blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/buygeneric/clomiphene.html no prescription

buy ventolin generic rxbuywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com over the counter

com link – it’s free!]

Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum .