Child Care

Today TaxMama hears from Jon in Texas, who tells us. “I work and my wife stays at home. We have our daughter enrolled in a religious affiliated mother’s day out/ pre-k program twice a week.
buy temovate online no prescription

Can the tuition for this be deducted as a childcare expense or such?

Hi Jon,

This sounds like a wonderful arrangement for all concerned. I’ll bet a lot of women will be envious to know that some people still live a 1950s lifestyle.

But…when it comes to taxes, if your wife is not working, you don’t get the Child and Dependent Care Credit. See Form 2441

You only qualify when both spouses work, or one spouse works and the other spouse is either a full-time student or disabled. Does your wife qualify in either of those categories?
buy grifulvin online no prescription

If she does, your child has to be in pre-kindergarten – which your daughter is. Once your child hits kindergarten, you’d lose the credit, also. Though you could still pay for before or after-school care.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about child care and other tax issues, free.

Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)