17-Year Old

Today TaxMama hears from Ivy in Delaware who tells us, “My 17-year old worked part-time in 2007.
buy synthroid online drugeriemarket.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/britain/synthroid.html no prescription

Do I also claim him in my tax return?”

Hi Ivy,


When he files his tax return to report his income, he needs to check the box in the software that says he is being claimed on someone else’s return.

That way, he won’t get to use his own exemption.

But if he only worked part time, he probably won’t need it.

Incidentally, in case you think you have kiddie tax issues?
buy cytotec online drugeriemarket.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/britain/cytotec.html no prescription

You don’t.

You only have to deal with that if he has investment income over $1,700.

Job income is always reported on the child’s own return.

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about dealing with teens and taxes and other tax issues, free.

Where? Where else? At TaxMama.com

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)