Tag Archives: Form 5405

No Repayment Needed

Today TaxMama® hears from Dave in the TaxQuips Forum, with an excellent question  (let me summarize).  “His friend’s daughter bought a home in 2008 subject to the First Time Homebuyer Credit repayment. During 2011, she was deployed to Iraq for 11 months. Can she file an amended return and have the entire balance of her repayment […]

Moved out Too Soon

Today TaxMama® hears from Elisa in the TaxQuips Forum with this question. “I purchased a home in 2009 getting a first-time homebuyers credit. I lived in it for 1 year.  I moved to be closer to work and am renting an apartment. I have been renting my house out since July 2010.  How will me […]

The new Form 5405 is finally up! And How to Use it.

Well how do you like that! The new Form 5405 is finally up. You can finally file for your credits. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5405.pdf The December 2009 edition of the the First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the Credit form can be used for 2008 and 2009 tax returns and all amended returns. This can cover home purchases […]