Today TaxMama wants to talk to you about the plethora of new laws, tax confusion, IRS inconsistency – and how you can do something about it. http://taxmama.wpengine.com/forum/taxquips/tell-it-to-irs
When you are a taxpayer with a problem, or tax debt, the IRS looms huge as a monster trying to trap you, harm you, or worse yet, hound you until you crack. The pursuit feels relentless. You lose sleep. You get your wages levied at your job, often jeopardizing your employment – or causing the loss of it. When things get bad enough…well, one tax pro told me that with all the financial pressures, loss of job, tax debt etc., no less than 15 people he knew committed suicide in the last 20 months!
That’s an unnecessary and shocking situation. I NEVER want it to get that bad for you. And certainly not from IRS.
While, as a voter you may feel that your single vote seems to have no effect. When it comes to IRS policy, your single voice IS effective. Speak up!
You may submit suggestions year-round. But, between now and June 30, 2010 your submissions will be considered for IRS’ 2010–2011 Guidance Priority List. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-10-43.pdf Submit problems – AND solutions that can be implemented, if you can.
In reviewing recommendations and selecting projects for inclusion on the 2010-
2011 Guidance Priority List, the Treasury Department and the Service will consider the
1. Whether the recommended guidance resolves significant issues relevant to many taxpayers;
2. Whether the recommended guidance promotes sound tax administration;
3. Whether the recommended guidance can be drafted in a manner that will enable taxpayers to easily understand and apply the guidance;
4. Whether the Service can administer the recommended guidance on a uniform basis; and
5. Whether the recommended guidance reduces controversy and lessens the burden on taxpayers or the Service.
And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about IRS Policy and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At www.TaxMama.com.[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the join TaxMama.com link – it’s free!]
Please post all Comments and Replies in the new TaxQuips Forum