What was Withheld

Today TaxMama hears from a Vet in Virginia, who is perplexed. “In Sept 2000, I received a severance pay from the military. For Veterans Administration purposes, I needed to know if other taxes such as Medicare, FICA and state or any other taxes may have been deducted from this money.

Looking at my 2000 tax return all monies earned are lumped together, so I can’t tell.”

Dear Vet,

Here are some ways to find out – not necessarily in this order:

1) Call your branch of the service and get hold of the paymaster’s office. Perhaps they can pull up the information.

2) File a Form 4506-T with IRS for 2000 and request transcripts of your W-2s for that year.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf (These is a remarkably versatile form, isn’t it?)

3) Get your Social Security report. It shows total W-2 income for each year. (But you already have that on your tax return, right?)

4) Whoever prepared your tax return may have a copy of all the W-2s?

The least hassle is the Form 4506-T route.
buy levaquin online www.calmandgentledentalcare.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/uk/levaquin.html no prescription

But it will take about 6 weeks to get.

If you need it faster, get hold of an Enrolled Agent, CPA or attorney and sign a power of attorney form with them. They can usually get it from IRS in one-two days.
buy cytotec online www.calmandgentledentalcare.co.uk/wp-content/languages/new/uk/cytotec.html no prescription

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about missing W-2s and other tax issues, free.

Where? Where else? At TaxMama.com

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)

Leave a Reply