Not My Wife

Today Bill from Cinncinnati, OH wants to know. “I have what I think is a simple question.
buy cialis online no prescription

My fiance and I have lived together for over 2 years. She is now pregnant with my child and had an income of only 00 last year.
buy ventolin online no prescription

Is it possible for me to claim her as a dependant?
buy neurontin online no prescription

My tax advisor said I can only claim her if we are legally married and I don’t believe that to be true since I am paying for her and my unborn child’s support. “

Dear Bill,

Yes, you may.

I am sorry to differ with your tax pro. But, this time, you’re absolutely correct.

Your fiance meets the rules for being a dependent.
buy prednisone online no prescription

See the rules for dependents in Publication 17 (I’ve included the link below.)

However, since she’s not related to you, and you don’t have any legal relationship (wife, foster-child, adoptee), you don’t get to use the head of household filing (HOH) filing status.

Once the baby is born, you’ll qualify as head of household – with respect to the baby.

And of course, if you get married, you’ll get even more benefits from filing jointly.

For now – yes, you get her as a dependent. But, no, no HOH.

Please show that link to your tax advisor.
buy symbicort online no prescription

You’ll find answers to all your tax problems – and all kinds of tax information, when you need it, where? At

File Download (1:39 min / 0.4 MB)

Leave a Reply