The other day, we were talking about a friend’s son who had decided to forego the traditional university education to learn to repair high-end cars instead. My friend remarked, off-handedly, “Well, at least his job will never be outsourced to India.
Can you just imagine the shipping costs to get your car repaired?
And of course, we were off on other ridiculous cost to be incurred by outsourcing such tasks. But that begs the question – what ARE great careers to develop where you can’t be replaced by folks offshore…or robots here (not in any particular order)?
- Building Contractors – all trades – plumbing, electrical, roofing, etc.
- Bus driver – all kinds – school, city, tours
- Truck driver – All kinds – long haul and local, UPS, etc.
- Airline pilot or test pilot
- Flight crew
- Train engineer and crew
- Event Planning – Putting on live events that require your presence – whether for business or social purposes*
- Dry cleaning and laundry
- Nursing and skilled care
- Dentists and dental hygienists
- Surgeons – and operating room jobs
- Property Management – must be there live, to show the rental units*
- Janitorial and related maintenance work
- Landscaping and gardening
- Pool care and other incidental handy work
- Radio or TV hosting – while you can do that from anywhere in the world, it’s YOUR skill and talent that the audience want.
- Journalism – again, like radio/tv, you can do that from anywhere, but…the audience wants you.
- Local reporter for radio/TV – you’ve got to be present, on the spot.
- Politician – hard to shake hands and kiss babies from across the globe.
buy antabuse uk https://blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/uk/antabuse.html no prescription
- Hospitality workers – restaurants, hotels, resorts
- Chefs – while anyone can develop menus from anywhere, you must be present to prepare the meal. Or, if you are SO good, YOU can supervise, over a camera from anywhere.
buy flexeril uk https://blackmenheal.org/wp-content/languages/new/uk/flexeril.html no prescription
It’s your talent that will matter.
- Police officer
- Meter Maid (or related)
- Fire department
- Retail sales – store manager or department manager
- Trade Show hawker (whether model or sales staff or support staff)
- Performer – music, comedy, drama, etc.
- Circus acts
- Road crew for traveling performers
* Although, I can think of a couple of ways to do most of this electronically, from a distance.
These are just a few – feel free to send me your own ideas. Use the comments box to add your ideas.
Naturally, you’ll find answers to all your questions about making a living and other tax information, free. Where? At TaxMama.com
- Ask TaxMama :: Where taxes are fun and answers are free