IRS Balance Due

Today TaxMama hears from Lincoln in Texas, who tell us. “I am paying $150 a month on 2006 taxes. Is there a way to see how much I still owe? I have tried to find an online resource to do this, but I can’t find anything. ”

Dear Lincoln,

No doubt, this goes against all your fight or flight instincts.

But the easiest way to get an answer is – the direct way.

Call up IRS and ask them. 1-800-829-1040

They can tell you your balance due. In fact, IRS can send you a printout of your account for 2006.

If the person on the phone can’t arrange for the printout, you can use Form 4506-T. Check boxes 6 b and 6 c to get the report.

IRS sends you monthly invoices. My only question to you is – don’t those invoices include the balance due?

And remember, you can find answers to all kinds of questions about tax balances due and other tax issues, free. Where? Where else? At

[Note: If you were subscribed to the e-mailed TaxQuips, you’d be getting other exciting news and tips by e-mail, that never appear on the site. Please click on the subscribe link and join us.]

File Download (0:00 min / 0 MB)

Leave a Reply