1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: This contest is designed to give entrants the opportunity to submit tax related questions and have the opportunity to be randomly selected to win one of five prizes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to residents of the fifty United States who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Tax Mama®, Office Depot and H&R Block and each of their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries; and (b) members of the immediate family of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a). TaxMama®
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entering the contest requires the following two things:
- You must be a free member of TaxMama.com. Choose a username, password, enter your name and email address and register here
- Post your question on the "Taxing My Patience" forum
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must comply with the following:
- Each question must not exceed 200 words in length.
- The submission must be your own question, created solely by you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
- Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- The Submission must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or the Site Usage Agreement for the Site. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that it may sustain from any breach of a representation or warranty made by the Entrant or the use of any rights granted by the Entrant to Sponsor hereunder.
5. FINALISTS SELECTION: Five winners will be randomly selected.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Five (5) winners will receive one “At Home” software programs from H&R Block.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: All Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions at the Site for purposes of this Contest. Finalists further grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions on third party sites such as facebook.com and twitter.com for advertising and promotional purposes. Winners hereby grant Sponsor a royalty free license, without geographic or time limitation, to display his or her Submission for promotional or advertising relating purposes in any and all media. The use of the Submissions after the Contest is complete for advertising and promotional purposes may or may not include the Entrant’s name and city and state of residency. Winners agree to sign any documents that may be necessary to affect the assignment of the licensing rights.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may reject any Submission, if in Sponsor’s sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God or ( b) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
By participating in this Contest all Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
Except where prohibited, Entrants hereby grant Sponsor and the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes.
- Entry Errors/Internet
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
9. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in New York, New York.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be in