1. The people who started college this fall across the nation were born in 1998.
2. They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan Era and did not know he had ever been shot.
3. They were not born yet when the Persian Gulf War was waged.
4. Black Monday 1987 is as significant to them as the Great Depression.
5. There has been only one Pope.
6. They do not remember the Cold War or have any experience of Soviet Union breaking apart.
7. They have never feared a nuclear war. “The Day After”is a pill to them, not a movie.
8. The space shuttle blowing up is just a myth to them.
9. Tianamen Square means nothing to them.
10. Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
11. Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
12. Atari pre-dates them, as do vinyl albums – and any records.
13. The expression “you sound like a broken record” means nothing to them.
14. They have never owned a record player.
15. They have likely never played Pac Man and have never heard of Pong.
16. Star Wars looks very fake to them, and the special effects are pathetic.
17. There have always been red M&M’s and blue ones are not new. There used to be beige ones?
18. They may have heard of an 8 track, but probably never have actually seen or heard one.
19. The Compact Disc was introduced long before they were conceived.
20. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 42 cents.
21. They have always had an answering machine, voice mail, or texts.
22. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels, nor have they seen a black-and-white TV.
23. They have always had cable or satellite.
24. There have always been DVR’s, but they have no idea what BETA or a VCR is.
25. They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
26. Roller-skating has always meant inline for them.
27. The Tonight Show has always been with Jay Leno.
28. They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
29. Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
30. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
31. The Vietnam War is as ancient history to them as WWI, WWII or even the Civil War.
32. They have no idea that Americans were ever held hostage in Iran.
33. They can’t imagine what hard contact lenses are.
34. They don’t know who Mork was or where he was from.
35. They never heard: “Where’s the beef?”, “I’d walk a mile for a Camel,” or “de plane, de plane!”
36. They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who J.R. is.
37. The Titanic was found? I thought we always knew where it was.
38. They are not aware that Kansas, Chicago, Boston, America, and Alabama are places, not groups.
39. McDonald’s never came in styrofoam containers.
40. There has always been MTV
41. They have always had cell phones and can’t imagine not being connected to their friends.
42. They have never played outside without supervision – only on their computers
43. They don’t know what a phone booth is – so don’t understand where Superman is changing.
Courtesy of the old I-HelpDesk & WebReview
Read more Money Funnies and Inspiration here: